Liams Foundation on Friday 20th April, 2018 organized yet another successful campaign on the theme “Stop Teenage Pregnancy and Unsafe Abortion” at Kave-n-Awlikorpe Community School Park in the Ketu North Municipality of the Volta Region.
Liams Foundation on the night showcased an educative video documentary for the inhabitants of the two communities. After the documentary, the floor was opened for Questions, Answers, and Contributions. During the Q&A session, the following points were raised as part of the problems leading to this unpleasant phenomenon.
- Parents do not supervise their wards’ sleeping time.
- Poverty related issues which is beyond parents and their wards.
- Blame game played by divorced parents.
- Governments’ lack of willingness to regulate and manage adolescents conduct within the communities.
Some opinion leaders reiterated the need for parents to cater for their wards properly. Some of the effects of improper parental care outlined by means of this education are as follows;
- Deviant children growing into adulthood
Some suggested solutions are as follows;
- Community leaders are urged to bring back the good old community watch-dog over kids.
- The use of mobile phones by children and adolescents between the ages of 5years and 19years should be regulated properly.
Following are some dignitaries who graced the occasion;
Queen Horlali Williams (Rev.) – CEO – Liams Foundation, Mr. Jacob Adorkor – Board Chairman – Liams Foundation, Local Government Authority Heads, Opinion Leaders and Members of Kave-n-Awlikorpe Community.
The Liams Media Team was present to cover this successful event.